Whoooo Hooooo!!! I'm so excited right now!!! David and I are childfree for the next 48 hours! We get to be husband and wife, not mommy and daddy! This weekend we celebrate 6 years of wedded bliss, and thanks to my gracious and loving parents they have taken our child away so we can enjoy some "adult time" of dinner and movies! I can't believe that it has been 6 years since we first said "I DO." We have definitely had our share of joys and struggles along the way, but we are united together in whatever comes.
Okay, now that I got that out of my system, I have to talk about one of the greatest joys and struggles of our life. Little Eli had to visit a general surgeon today. It seems as though he has a symptom of what could turn into an inguinal hernia if not fixed. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it has been around for over a year. The surgery to fix the problem is very common, and done on an outpatient basis. The scary thing is that he would have to go under general anesthesia, but if not fixed now, it could pose some problems later. David and I have decided it would be best to fix it now, since he is very young and recovery time is much faster. We will keep you updated on surgery dates.
As for now, I'm off to a bliss filled, child free weekend. No one call me b/c I will not answer my phone. I am so excited to be able to sleep past 7AM, and if I do happen to wake up at 7AM, I can go back to sleep. AHHHHHH, Sleep. One of my favorite past-time things to do....I don't ever get enough of it!
1 comment:
Congrats on 6 years!
Praying for ELI. . .
Post a Comment