It's been a busy week, as I finished my time at the PRN company, and now the search begins again for some more work. I contacted my previous employer, and was informed that there was no work for me. I have essentially closed that door. I am doing a ride along with a friend who works as a home healthcare therapist, to see if that might be an option for me. The work is solid, and you make your own schedule, working as little or as much as needed. I could continue to do the PRN on the side if the home healthcare is an option. It's been a frustrating year for working, but I know that it's the right thing to do, as it helps David and I gain closer to our financial goals before having another child.
Eli is scheduled to have his surgery on September 3rd. We decided this would be the best thing to do b/c if not fixed now, there is a risk of herniation and longer recovery time. I'm not very nervous right now, but I know as the time approaches a little apprehension will settle in.
David and I enjoyed our quiet weekend as Eli spent the weekend away with Grammie and Grandaddy. We ate way too much, enjoyed some time shopping, and just getting to be husband and wife. David suprised me with an iPod, which I have been wanting for a long time. My goal is to resume running (it's been a while) and use the iPod to help numb the pain of sucking back air b/c I'm so out of shape!
We've got a trip to Hilton Head coming up in 8 weeks, and I'm already counting down the days! We had so much fun last year, introducing Eli to the beach and swimming the day away!
No comments:
Post a Comment