This might contain a little female TMI.....just a warning.
This week I started to have some cramping on the left side of my lower abdomen. I have felt this feeling before.....an ovarian cyst. I had a cyst about 4 years ago when David and I decided to stop the birth control pill. I ended up having to have surgery to remove the grapefruit sized cyst. All was well and we ended up pregnant about 4 months later. Anyway, back to the present.....I ended up going to the doctor b/c the pain was getting pretty bad and they discovered that once again I have an ovarian cyst. I was ordered to return the next day for another ultrasound to see the size, and location of the cyst. I was devastated as I didn't want to have another surgery. I returned yesterday, and apparently the cyst had ruptured and the fluid was causing some pain and pressure. The doctor said that this happens and my body will just take care of the fluid and reabsorb it. Sometimes when a cyst bursts, there can be scarring on the ovaries and the inside of your uterus, but thankfully everything looked great. She put me on an anti-inflammatory and said I should feel better in a week. The crazy thing is that David and I prayed that God would take care of the cyst and I would not have to have surgery. It's so amazing to see God taking care of His children....especially when you are the one on the receiving end of it. I know that He promises to take care of us, but sometimes it's easy to forget until you are in a time of need. I am so thankful that I don't have to have surgery and that my "female parts" are in good health. Once again, I am challenged to trust God in every area of my life. It amazing to realize that God is interested in all of me....female parts included!
2 comments:
God is so good, Emily. I am praising God with you! Go forth and get pregnant! ;)
Praise Jesus for bursting cysts....now onto teeth Lord!
Post a Comment