Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just One of Those Days

Today has been one of those days, where I am thankful when it comes to a close. I feel as though I have slugged through the day and prayed for patience and peace every minute. A day where my 3 year old seems to say "NO MOMMY" all day long, and we face battle with every daily event from eating breakfast, to getting dressed, and taking a bath. So as my day felt like it was more "unraveling" than being gently "unwrapped" I'm reminded, that as much as I want this day to end, I am not promised tomorrow. The good Lord could call me home, or my husband, or another loved one. As crazy and challenging as this day has been, I'm thankful that I had it to share with the ones I love.

A couple weeks ago I posted a picture of a bird's nest, with 4 beautiful Robin's eggs in it. The nest so intricately made and formed to hold these fragile eggs until the moment is right for them to hatch. Kind of like a mother's womb that holds and carries her baby deep inside away from the threats of the world. Well, the eggs have hatched! Now there are 4 tiny, squawking little birds that the mother Robin tends to. Soon, the nest will be empty and the birds moved on and building nests of their own. But for this moment right now, they are babies who are in such need of their mommy bird. I pray that I will not forget these moments that I am called on for such great need from my family. I will not rush through to the next stage but stop and enjoy the moment/stage that we are in right now.

2 comments:

emily freeman said...

So sweet. Your perspective is one that we are all benefiting from. O how I know the feeling of unraveling rather than unwrapping!

jenn said...

A very sweet and meaningful post! Thank you for sharing!