
Today is my Birthday. Happy Birthday to me! I am 31. I've entered my thirties, with a little more knowledge than my twenties, a few more "smile-lines" than my twenties, a few extra pounds than my twenties, but also a bigger heart and enjoyment of life than my twenties. Not only was I celebrating, but our Nation was Celebrating "change" and "hope" and "freedom". I wondered as I watched the crowds gathering in our Nation's Capital, I wondered how many people know the Real change, the Real hope, and the Real freedom. The Real Stuff, comes only from our Father.....the one who perfected change in our hearts and lives when we come to love His Son Jesus. The One who is the author of hope....hope that only comes from knowing there is eternity with Him and we will be redeemed from this worldly life. And, Freedom. Freedom in Christ. Freedom to love and live for the only One it matters to live for.
So Happy Birthday to me....I pretended all day that the Celebration was for me...I just wasn't able to attend the party! Some day we will witness the best Celebration and Homecoming....and I will certainly be there!
No comments:
Post a Comment