The ramblings of a lost girl, found by Faith and Love, and finding my way in the story of Life.
Monday, August 4, 2008
The Benefits of Reading to Your Child
We read a lot to Eli. I started reading to Eli when he was about 3 months old. I don't think it made an impact then, but in my head I was ready-ing him for his social development. Eli was a very early talker...he talked before he walked. By the age of 15 months he was carrying on 5 word sentences and recognizing pictures from books. I like to think it was because I was always reading to him, even billboard signs, stop signs, Walmart truck signs (which by the way he recognizes the Walmart "18-a-wheewer"), etc. Eli loves books, and is always bringing me a book to "rean dis to me mommy." The other day he was going down for his nap and I heard him rustling in his room for about 25 mins before he settled into his nap. When I went into check on him, this is what I saw......
At final count there were 22 books, 1 puzzle (which he was sleeping on many of the pieces), and a toy airplane. So the lesson here is....read to your children....they might just learn something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too precious! I read to Bryson all the time too, but now I cannot get him to slow down for even half a book. He goes through stages. I never give up trying though.
Post a Comment