The ramblings of a lost girl, found by Faith and Love, and finding my way in the story of Life.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
The Right to Vote
I wasn't going to get all "political" on my blog post, but since today is Election Day I figured why not! I just want to say how empowering it is to know that we live in a free country, and every 4 years are given the right to choose our leader. I woke up at the crack of dawn, and drove myself down to my polling place, and with pride I voted. Pride in myself for having a care about the future of our country, and pride in all the others who joined me in line at 5:45am! I'll keep my political musings to a minimum....but I praise God that not only do I live in a "free" country, but I am also a "freed" slave from sin. Thank you Jesus for giving us the choice to choose your true freedom, regardless of our political stance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As a person who is currently living outside the USA, let me reassure you that this right is a blessing. I commend you for recognizing that gift and taking great pride in exercising your right to choose your leader. This was our first election overseas and we felt incredibly patriotic six weeks ago when we took a train and two taxis to submit our ballots at the US embassy in our Muslim nation. Don't forget it and don't take it for granted.
Post a Comment