Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Big Boy Underwear!

Well, just another quick post...Eli has practically potty trained himself. It certainly helps that his school is very supportive of potty training, but within the past 2 weeks, he has been telling me to go...and staying dry! We used to have a few good days of him successfully using the potty, but still having to wear diapers in between. But, now he has been in underwear since Monday, and has not had an accident!!! He's even been peeing standing up "making bubbles" as he likes to say! He wears pull-ups at night and we've only had one success pooping on the potty (which incidentally was at Grammie's over the weekend). I will probably come to regret my words, but I told Eli that when he poops on the potty, this means he is a big boy and that he can chew gum, b/c big boys chew gum and poop on the potty.

1 comment:

Holly said...

This potty training stuff is tricky. . .but we TOO had a HUGE development tonight. While I was working the nursery at church, Bryson decided he needed to POOP in the potty like a big boy!!! Hooray! I was so proud of him.

I got your message today. I was on the phone NON-stop. . .I will try to call you tomorrow or Friday. Bryson has his Thanksgiving Feast and then I have some cooking for a Bible Study Thursday night. The excitement never ends around here.

Miss you girl! I am glad you got to get away. That sounds like something Adam and I need to do!