The ramblings of a lost girl, found by Faith and Love, and finding my way in the story of Life.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Not Enough Time
I know that it's been a few days since my last post, and I have been meaning to sit and type, but it seems like everytime I get a few minutes....I lose those minutes to something else. I just can't seem to find any extra time in the day. We have been very busy the past week. David and I were able to steal away for the weekend and attend a Family Life "Weekend To Remember" Marriage Conference. The devil was certainly trying to thwart us from attending. For starters, Eli came down with a little cold and we've never left him sick before. Then, David and I get 1/2 way to the conference and upon stopping for dinner and looking in the trunk of the car, there was no clothes bag to be found! David had left his duffel bag on the couch, so we turned around and drove back home to retrieve the bag. We missed the Friday night session, but were happy to make it to the hotel. We opened the door to our hotel room and suprise....double beds! What a romantic way to spend the weekend together....double beds! It was actually amusing considering how the evening got off to a start. Nonetheless, the weekend was amazing! It was great to be just the 2 of us and be able to focus on our purpose as husband and wife. We truly felt like newlyweds and have been praying to keep that renewal in our daily life as we have returned home. I highy recommend attending one of these Family Life Marriage Conferences if they are in your area. Anyway, back to another busy week and the hustle and bustle before Thanksgiving, Eli's 3rd Birthday, and Christmas. I can't believe that Eli will be 3 years old in 2 weeks. The end of the year has happened upon us very quickly....and as I like to say "The days are very long, but the years are very short." How true!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment