It was a nice Father's Day Weekend. David and I started the weekend off with a date night on Friday!!!! What a rareity these days, but thanks to my wonderful mother we were able to sneak away and have dinner and see a movie. We ate at a Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse restaurant, and saw "The Happening." The movie was okay, but the company was great. I told David that we could have seen Kung Fu Panda and it would have been great b/c we were spending time together, without our little sidekick. Saturday afternoon we ventured down to the campsite where my sister and her family are camping for a week to have a Father's Day Cookout and see some fireworks and a laser show. The men got their fill on grilled steaks, pasta salad, baked potatoes, watermelon, and brownies, lemon bars, and rice krispie treats for dessert. We then rode a water taxi to the laser show, which is very exciting for a 2 year old! Eli was so excited when the laser show started and he loved the fireworks! He was tuckered out as we got home around midnight! I gave David a "day off" on Sunday and took Eli to my parents house. I think David enjoyed taking a nap and laying on the couch....doing nothing! Simple pleasures these days!
Eli had fun getting "wind-blown" from a fan at the campsite.
My silly nephew Harrison....what a goof ball sometimes!
My dad relaxing at the campsite.
Brother in-law Matt in charge of the grilling.
My silly parents
Chow down time!
Eli on the water taxi. He was soooooo excited to be on a boat!
It was a nice relaxing weekend overall, and great to spend time with some amazing fathers. I'm so blessed to have such positive men in my life from my dad, to my brother, my brother in laws, and my amazing husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment