Sunday, April 20, 2008

So Small

I was sitting in church today by myself. David was out of town playing a tennis tournament (which by the way he won singles and doubles in his division!) Anyway, as I was sitting there, I began to look around and notice that there were a lot of tall people around me. I happened to be sitting next to a man who was about 6 feet plus, and I'm not super short, but 5'4" is much shorter than 6 feet. I immediately started to feel very small and meek. I was feeling a little insecure being in church by myself without David, and this feeling of small only added to the insecurity. Then, as the Lord always turns on the light, I realized that this is how God wants me. He wants me to be small, so that He can be Great! The only way for the Lord to be Big in my life, is for me and my will, my wants, my needs to become small. There is even a verse that states just that!
John 3:30
He must become Greater,
I must become less.

No comments: