Thursday, April 24, 2008

In the Palm of His Hand

For many of you that don't know already, I got layed off from my job. It was definately a "shock", but not suprising given my boss. Yesterday right before I was about to leave my boss called me into his office and informed me that I no longer worked there. He states that b/c business is slow, I have to be let go. I understand business, but it definately stung a little. I have been somewhat unhappy at my job, but wasn't expecting to be forced to job search right now. Then, last night our airconditioner wasn't working properly, and this just added to my sadness. But each day is new and I'm renewed with a spirit of confidence and determination....and now our a/c is working! I know that the Lord has me right where He wants me...in the palm of His hand. Here He can carry me to the next job, and I'm praying I will trust Him to do so!

1 comment:

Amy J said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Emily. I think this happens to a lot of us at some point, unfortunately. I was laid off from a job when I was in college. It's hard and it definitely sucks. I'm sure you will find a great job really soon that you will enjoy so much better than this one. I'll be thinking about you!!! BTW, I also really love your blog and am glad that you've created it!!