I feel as though I'm on the verge of losing my mind. The day started out early (6:30 is the new time my 2 year old likes to wake up). The screaming and hitting began after breakfast, and wrestling a toddler into clothes is very taxing. I confess I have raised my voice a little too high, and feel terrible about it. Lunchtime was a bust, as grapes and noodles flew in all directions. Naptime couldn't have begun sooner as the replacing my child back in his bed over and over couldn't have ended any sooner. Now the house is quiet, and I am putting the mopping/cleaning off until the next day as "mommy needs a quiet-time too." I feel as I have been a failure today. I am drawn to Proverbs 31 v.25-26.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
A woman of noble character was able to laugh at days to come. That is very encouraging to me, as I know that toddler behavior is no different today than many years ago. I know that there will be more days like this, but I have to "laugh at these days to come" and keep instruction on my tongue during these times. I realize that I too have been gifted with strength and dignity, and it is my choice to put them on each day. For all the mothers who have had days like today...my prayer for you is to have strength and dignity each day.
1 comment:
Oh Girl! I hear you! It is hard somedays, but God's mercies are NEW every morning. For that I am thankful!!
Post a Comment