The ramblings of a lost girl, found by Faith and Love, and finding my way in the story of Life.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Boy Sounds
I have not posted an unwrapped moment of my day in a while. But today, I made it a point to notice something special of the day. It's not this great epiphany, or a "Jesus" moment, or a beautiful picture....actually it's the complete opposite. I call it "boy sounds." I live in a house with a little boy, who I think is totally adorable, and he is learning to make boy sounds. Not just the gross ones that come from the two ends of his body (which he thinks is hilarious to make those sounds), but the little boy sounds that I observe when he's playing alone. These sound like "brumm, brumm" and "splat crash bang". That imaginative boy playing with his cars, and smashing them together, or throwing his dinosaurs off his bed as they "kaboom, frapp" onto the ground. Or the animal sounds of a lion's roar "ROAR", or a elephant's trumpet sounding as he is playing zoo. I find myself laughing as I type because as "LOUD" as these sounds can be at times....I love these little boy sounds. My sister, who is mother to two boys 12 and 16, warned me of these sounds and said that no matter how hard you try to mimic them....a woman can never make boy sounds. And I am perfectly fine with that, but I like to listen to them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is sweet. I have two boys and they amaze me with the noises they make!
Post a Comment