Thursday, March 19, 2009

Joy for the Day

Each day, I've prayed that God would show me His "joyful moment" He has for me, and that I would recognize it. It amazing what God will show you, if you allow Him to. Even the little things, like the way Eli says Pez candy. He calls it "Puz." Which I find adorable and very joyful! Today we had an "outside" day. I decided I would forget about the naptime, laundry and vacuuming, and focus on hanging out with Eli. We met my friend and her twins up at the park, and had a picnic lunch. The day was absolutely beautiful! We even fed some fish bread and the kids enjoyed playing, climbing, and swinging. Eli was in the midst of climbing up the ladder to go down the slide, and he turned around to me, and said "Mommy, I've having a real fun time with you today." And that was my "joyful moment!" I immediately thanked God for such a sweet boy and for my special joyful moment of the day! Sometimes we need to stop focusing on the negative with our kids, like what they aren't doing, or aren't listening, or aren't obeying.....and just find those times when they are being "joyful".

No comments: