The ramblings of a lost girl, found by Faith and Love, and finding my way in the story of Life.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Heart Preparation
I've been thinking a lot about what Christ suffered on the cross when he bled and died for my sins. I've been preparing my heart for this coming Good Friday and Easter. I want to enter into this Easter with my heart open, and thankful for the gift of salvation. I made a decision as a child to follow Christ. I began the journey to be a Christ-follower, and that journey has seen me many hills, valleys, grassy meadows of peace, and moments of sinking into the muddy depths. Here lately, I feel like I am in a spiritual place that I have never been. As Easter approaches, I feel like I have been stripped of myself, and I am literally at the foot of the Cross, covered in mud, and blood. Blood that covers my hands. Blood that covers my sins. I look up, and the only thing I see is a man nailed to the Cross. This man just happens to be The Christ, The Forgiver, The Son of God. I have come to a realization, that this is exactly where Christ wants me. At his feet, covered and cleasned in His blood. I was worth every nail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment