Saturday, January 9, 2010

Balance

I have been very reluctant to make New Years Resolutions.  I always seem to make them, and then by mid March, I realize that I have failed miserably and just give up all together. This year, I'm adopting a theme for my life this year.  It encompasses all that goes on in my life, and is definitely an area I need to learn to do better about.  I'm calling this "The Year of Balance."  I need to learn to balance my life.  It gets very overwhelming at times...all the roles I'm called into throughout the year.  All the different directions I feel pulled in, and I usually end up sitting down in the midst of the muck and crying.  From being a wife and help mate to my husband, to motherhood, to home maker, to part-time physical therapist, to servant of the Lord at home, work, and church.  How in the world do I fit in time to read my Bible, hug my husband and child, make dinner, clean house, decorate house (which my house is lacking in any decorating), workout (what's that?), pray, work, and the list goes on!  I need to learn how to balance it all.  I have recently closed down my Facebook account, and I have found that I actually don't miss it at all.  It is a small step towards my goal of balancing my life.  I am going to enlist the help of the only One who can help me to balance it all.  My God, my Savior, my Friend.