Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Healing

It has been a whirlwind of a couple of weeks for us here. David and I found out that we were expecting, and just as quickly as we learned of the news, it was a loss for us. Pregnancy hadn't even settled on our tongues, before we learned of a new word....miscarriage. I have found joy and peace in this situation. I have found sadness and anger. I have also found freedom. I have clung to the Word of God, as that is all I can do, and I have to trust that God is good....all the time. God is real, God is good, and God is alive. I am thankful that I serve a good God, who is alive. David has spent some time with his family in Missouri, and I have had time to grieve alone. I have met God on my knees, in my church, and in the car. He has walked me through this, and I believe in the promise of His Word.

Psalm 23 v1-3
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.

Psalm 25 v4-5
Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God and my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

No comments: