Here is a picture of my sweet boy and the joy I receive daily from being his mother. What a blessing he is too me, even during the tantrums!
The ramblings of a lost girl, found by Faith and Love, and finding my way in the story of Life.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Joyful
As I sit here and think about what tonight is (the night before Good Friday), I become overwhelmed with joy and sadness. Jesus broke bread for his followers and served them wine. He served them in a way that they couldn't understand, and I still today have difficulty understanding. To understand someone giving their life for you, literally dying for you, is unfathomable. But, I realize that just as Jesus gave his life for me, I would give up my life for my child. Everyday my child challenges me with his attitude, whether it's wining, screaming, crying, or having a tantrum because he is not getting his way. And everyday I wake up and love him, kiss him, and start our day fresh. This unconditional love I have for my child, is a mirror of God's love for me. I challenge God daily with my mouth, my unwillingness, and my lack of spending time with Him....but the amazing thing is that HE (the living, breathing, God), starts each day fresh with me too. His mercies are renewed for me everyday. What joy I have!
Here is a picture of my sweet boy and the joy I receive daily from being his mother. What a blessing he is too me, even during the tantrums!
Here is a picture of my sweet boy and the joy I receive daily from being his mother. What a blessing he is too me, even during the tantrums!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen and Amen! I am just so overwhelmed with God's unconditional love. I ask God daily to teach me to love that way. I can so relate to your post. These boys can be a handful. . .but we love 'em despite their faults . . .just like God loves us with ours.
"God give us the patience and wisdom to raise these boys to come to know you in a personal way at an early age!"
Post a Comment