Thursday, January 20, 2011

Who Am I?

Who am I?  I have been asking myself this question a lot lately.  It's an ever exhausting question, as I realize that I wear many hats of "mother", "wife", "sister", "friend", "physical therapist", "sinner", "redeemed", and the list can go on and on.  I find myself getting lost in trying to figure out "who I am." 
  • I am a year older today.  33....not sure how I feel about that. 
  • I am blog slacker.  
  • I am 5'4, baby blue eyes (thanks dad!), and wild curly hair
  • I am the youngest of 3. 
  • My parents are my heros.  
  • I am thankful for my husband.....everyday thankful. He is my love.
  • I have 2 tattoos, and constantly fight off the urge for another.
  • I am a physical therapist by trade
  • I am kinda a nerd.  I know too much about the body....medically, anatomically, and functionally. 
  • I am starting a new job in a week, and I'm kinda scard. 
  • I am blind as a bat....seriously...I'm legally blind.  I wear contacts, and bore the title of "Four Eyes" as a child. 
  • I am very sensitive.  I cry very easy....at least once a day.  
  • I cry at ET every time I see it.  It's just so sad when Gertie says goodbye and gives him the flowers.  I told you I was sensitive. 
  • I am realizing I have a coffee addiction in the morning.  I don't like to admit this, but it's true.  
  • I have a weakness for Reese Cups and Skittles
  • I love Clorox wipes, and use them incessantly. 
  • I am absolutely in love with a 5 year old little boy.....my 5 year old little boy. 
  • I love to make fires in my fireplace.  
  • Anything under 75degrees is too cold. 
  • Lip gloss and mascara are always in my purse. 
  • My favorite new wintertime accessory....scarfs.  They keep my neck warm. I am actually wearing one right now. 
  • I can do about 15 "man-style" push ups.  I think this is pretty good for a small girl like myself. 
  • I could live off of chips, salsa, and cheese dip.  
  • I am obsessed at finding the "perfect" fitting pair of jeans.  I believe a good pair of jeans can make one's butt look great. 
  • I used to pretend I was Anne of Green Gables.  I still believe that there is an Anne that lives inside the heart of every girl. 
  • I am not ready to give up the baby clothes, baby toys, maternity things.....just in case. 
  • I am Team Edward (you only get this if you are a Twilight fan)
  • I am realizing that I am beautiful....inside and outside.
  • I am a sinner, saved by the grace of a Man, who died on a tree
  • I am learning that pain always comes before healing.  
  • I am a strong person
  • I am learning that a BIG GOD loves little me.
  • I am in counseling, and I believe everyone should go see a counselor sometime in their life
  • I am happy with my life, as hard as it can feel sometimes...and realizing how blessed I am.
  • I am learning to forgive, believe in love, and let go of my fears

2 comments:

Micah Hilton said...

love this. we are a lot alike. sorry I forgot to message you today for your birthday...it's too late now. love you, miss you.

Holly said...

You are...my forever friend! I love you!! Let's talk soon. And happy belated Birthday. I hope you felt celebrated.