The ramblings of a lost girl, found by Faith and Love, and finding my way in the story of Life.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Sickness
What a incredibly challenging week we have had. Eli got bit by the flu bug...the H1N1 flu bug. Nasty stuff! It started out with a fever, peaking up towards 103.5, and staying around 101 for about 4 days! He finally had a day of rest with no fever, then yikes....fever returns with a nasty cough. We take him back to the pediatrician and find out that he has developed a sinus/ear infection as a result of the flu! During this time, he would not eat or drink, and was vomiting anything that went in his mouth. It had been about 36 hours since he peed, and he was becoming very listless, so David and I took him into the Children's ER. Eli was such a trooper in the ER, and he ended up getting an IV and perked up, and began to eat! We are definitely not out of the woods yet, but he is much better and eating, drinking, and peeing! If this blog sounds a little scattered, and not very grammatically correct....it's because I'm exhausted! I feel like I haven't slept in about 5 days! I'm clinging to my Savior who gives rest to the weary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment