I have had some health issues lately...ovarian cyst, sinus infection, viral eye infection and I say this long story b/c I know that there is a lesson behind it. Once again, that lesson is about Trust. That one word that is one simple syllable.....but so hard to do. TRUST....I just have to remember at all times to trust God....even with the small stuff. I've had to ask myself if I truly Trust Him, and my answer is....no. I know that God is capable of changing my sons behavior, blessing us with another child, taking care of finances, healing sickness (eyes, cysts...etc). I know He's capable of healing broken hearts, broken families, and broken marriages. But, even though I know that He is capable of all these things (and more)....do I trust Him to do it? That is the challenge.
The ramblings of a lost girl, found by Faith and Love, and finding my way in the story of Life.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
My Eyes
This is a little gross, but it's what I've been dealing with lately. This will make a short story...kinda long, but I'm all for the dramatics sometimes! I think that my eyes are one of my best features. They are very blue, and every time I look at my dad, I am blessed that he passed his beautiful baby blues onto me. As a child, I developed horrible vision and was forced to hide my eyes behind "coke-bottle" glasses and became subject to ridicule of fellow classmates. I was able to get contacts, and my blues eyes were able to come out from hiding. My vision is terrible, so bad that I am considered "legally blind" without my lenses, but with contacts, I can feel like a "normal" person. I'm not a candidate for the Lasik correction, but I am very comfortable wearing my contacts. About 1 1/2 week ago, I started to have some eye redness, swelling, discharge in one eye. Uggh...pinkeye I thought. Got the prescribed drops, broke out the "coke-bottle" glasses, and began the treatment. However, things didn't get better...and the "pinkeye" spread to my left eye. Now, I see an ophthalmologist, and it's not "pinkeye" but a viral infection in my eye. So, now I have to put steroid drops in my eye, keep my eyes hidden for a few more days behind my glasses...and hopefully by the beach trip I can put my contacts back in. Here's a picture of my gross eye...

I have had some health issues lately...ovarian cyst, sinus infection, viral eye infection and I say this long story b/c I know that there is a lesson behind it. Once again, that lesson is about Trust. That one word that is one simple syllable.....but so hard to do. TRUST....I just have to remember at all times to trust God....even with the small stuff. I've had to ask myself if I truly Trust Him, and my answer is....no. I know that God is capable of changing my sons behavior, blessing us with another child, taking care of finances, healing sickness (eyes, cysts...etc). I know He's capable of healing broken hearts, broken families, and broken marriages. But, even though I know that He is capable of all these things (and more)....do I trust Him to do it? That is the challenge.
I have had some health issues lately...ovarian cyst, sinus infection, viral eye infection and I say this long story b/c I know that there is a lesson behind it. Once again, that lesson is about Trust. That one word that is one simple syllable.....but so hard to do. TRUST....I just have to remember at all times to trust God....even with the small stuff. I've had to ask myself if I truly Trust Him, and my answer is....no. I know that God is capable of changing my sons behavior, blessing us with another child, taking care of finances, healing sickness (eyes, cysts...etc). I know He's capable of healing broken hearts, broken families, and broken marriages. But, even though I know that He is capable of all these things (and more)....do I trust Him to do it? That is the challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Emily... I am so sorry. . .feel better soon!
Post a Comment